I’ve talked about Adovia products in a previous blog post, GO GREEN, and wanted to tell all of you about the products I actually tried. In 2010, my eczema flareups were so completely out of control, my sister grew very concerned. She did some research about dead sea salt and found bathing salts on-line. I have to warn you ahead of time these products are pricey and are not suitable for children because it can be too harsh for them.
Cleopatra’s Choice is the company that produces Adovia products. Adovia sells a special kit made specifically for eczema relief. http://www.cleopatraschoice.com/eczema-treatment-kit.html
The kit is currently on sale for $75, but usually sells for $107. I bought the kit when it was just first coming out and it cost about $120 back then. It includes a 10 lb. bag of dead sea salt, dead sea mud, body butter, and two bars of dead sea black mud soap. I think the sale price is a good deal because a bag of dead sea salt alone, at the local vitamin store costs a hefty amount of money. If you would like to save money, try purchasing just the bag of salt and the bars of soap. Here’s why:
1) The shea body butter is scented. Though the thickness and consistency of the body lotion is ideal for sealing moisture in the skin after a bath, the scent can irritate the skin. Also, I’m not sure if it’s my own personal dislike, but I’m not a fan of the smell that’s in the body butter in the first place.
2) The dead sea face and body mud is too intense. As most of you with eczema may probably know, flareups can cause the skin to crack and bleed. Putting this mud directly onto eczema is so painful, I could barely stand it for more than a few minutes and the product recommends you leave it on for 20 min. I was very uncomfortable and though it worked, I’m not sure sacrificing that much time and pain was quite worth it. Especially since the dead sea salt worked so well.
Interested in trying this kit out? With Christmas practically around the corner, maybe you can buy it as a gift for a family member you really care about!!
-Sea Photo: Salt deposits on the shore of Dead Sea (Credit: Wikipedia)
-Adovia Eczema Relief Kit Photo credit: CleopatrasChoice.com
- Go Green (eczemamemoirs.wordpress.com)
- Dead Sea Salt Treatment for Psoriasis & Eczema Featured on CNN (prweb.com)
- Gentle Adovia Dead Sea Mud Minerals Soap (storybookapothecary.com)
- The Beauty of Dead Sea Salt (neoscreations.wordpress.com)
- Adovia Dead Sea Mud Minerals Detox Face Mask (storybookapothecary.com)
- Dead Sea Bath Salts (cmoneyspinner.wordpress.com)
- Eczema Treatment Options (answers.com)
- Eczema Natural Remedies and Lotions (bellahermosadivina.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of dead sea salt (ctesthetic.com)