Day 1 – Hot chocolate and marshmallows with a secret ingredient.. Well, it’s not so secret anymore! This is a great “recipe” because it’s easy, delicious and doubles as a potential last-minute Christmas gift.
I got the Nestle hot cocoa powder, Jell-O vanilla pudding powder and marshmallows at Wal-Mart. The Mason jars were $2 each at Joann’s, but I used 50% off coupons using the Joann’s app on my iPhone to bring my total
down to $1 each. I used red ribbon I already had at home and burned the edges of some note paper to write a poem and tie to the mason jars. Here is the final product:
What you’ll need:
- Nestle hot chocolate powder, $5
- Jell-O vanilla pudding powder (secret ingredient!!), $1
- Kraft jet-puffed marshmallows, $2
- 2-16 oz. Mason Jars, $2 after coupons
- Empty Jell-O vanilla pudding powder into hot chocolate container and still using a large spoon. Mix well until vanilla powder “disappears” into hot chocolate.
- Remove lids from mason jars. Using a funnel, scoop generous spoonfuls of the hot cocoa and vanilla powder mix into the mason jars. Fill 3/4 of the way full.
- Fill the rest of the mason jars with marshmallows.
- Seal with lids, tie with ribbon and a note and voila! An instant Christmas gift! Two of these cost $10. That’s it!